It’s been merely a week since my indulgent trip to Durban, and even though I can still taste the flavoursome falafels and abundantly stuffed roti’s, I’ve managed to shake off the two killer kg’s they caused. A bit of exercise and a healthy vegan meal plan truly works miracles around your waistline! Since last Monday, I opted for whole foods: rolled oats with fresh fruit, homemade pesto on pasta or corn crackers, steamed veggies, fluffy buckwheat, starchy soups and superfood smoothies. Fine, I admit I also had a burger and two glasses of Chardonnay at a friend’s birthday braai 😛
Luckily for me, I really don’t have a sweet tooth – but every oh-so-often the sugar bug bites. Yesterday, after a big Sunday lunch with the family, I craved decadence. The vegan-friendly biscuits in our sweetie drawer called my name, but as I really didn’t want to mess up a week’s worth of hard work, I choose a healthier option instead. Avo-chocolate mousse may sound revolting, but I promise you it’s ridiculously delicious. I’ve made it for fussy friends before and they truly loved it. Even a small serving will satisfy your desire for sweetness, but no-one will judge you for eating it all 😉 Made from 100% whole foods, this dessert is enjoyed guilt-free!
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 large ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons Soaring Free Superfood Raw Cacoa Powder
- ½ cup Almond Breeze Original
- 2 tablespoons Health Connection Organic Agave Syrup
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract / essence
- Place all ingredients in your blender/food processor and purée until smooth (I prefer using the hand blender instead of my Omni Blend for this recipe, it just blends easier).
Add more Agave to make this mousse a tad bit sweeter