Today, on the 1st of November 2017, we are celebrating World Vegan Day! This annual festivity marks the start of world vegan month, 30 days of eating plant-based to give our farm animals (as well as the environment) a break. Of course, every month is vegan month for me and over the four years of eating plant-based I have become accustomed to this lifestyle. However, for a non-vegan or new vegan, a plant-based diet might seem daunting. Luckily, with the wonderful variety of amazing alternatives accessible to us today, thriving on vegan food is far easier that what you might expect. To make it as easy as (vegan) pie for one lucky reader to eat plant-based this November, I am giving away 1 case of Almond Breeze Almond Milk.
Visit this Instagram post to enter.
Not sure what to do with Almond Breeze? Why not try making these pretty in pink banana & raspberry muffins:
Pretty in Pink Banana Raspberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax powder which we will mix with 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (120ml) coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 160gram raspberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cups.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon flax powder with 3 tablespoons and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Mash the two bananas in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the Almond Breeze, melted coconut oil, vanilla essence and flax egg mixture and stir to mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the raspberries and fold in. Do not over-mix the batter.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter into each paper cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick that is stuck into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Serve warm or cold with vegan margarine and extra raspberry jam.
- You have to be a South African citizen to enter.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or another prize.
- The prize is non-transferrable.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner by Almond Breeze. The delivery address needs to be a physical address during work hours.
- The competition launches on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 and ends on Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at 10:00am.
- The winner will be announced on Wednesday, 8 November 2017, on my Instagram account at 12:00pm.
- The competition is not affiliated with Instagram.
- The winner can choose which Almond Breeze variant they prefer (Almond Breeze Unsweetened or Original)
- Prize consists of one case consisting of x 12 Litres of Almond Breeze Almond Milk