An easy way to include one (or two) of the three portions of beans we should consume daily, is to spoon up a dollop of oil-free hummus! I whip up this recipe at least once a week and eat 1/2 cup almost every day. Hummus is great on salads, steamed veggies, corn crackers, in wraps or on warm, crispy toast.
- 1 can drained and rinsed KOO chickpeas (I find that the different brands taste differently and this one is best)
- 2 heaped tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 crushed garlic clove or 3/4 preserved garlic
- 50 ml water (use more if the consistency is too chunky for you)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Blend it all together in a food processor or with a hand blender.