Today was an extremely hot day in the mother city with temperatures varying between 36 and 42 degrees! Thus for supper, I opted for a healthy, refreshing summer chicken wrap – 100% vegan of course!
I usually keep vegan wraps in the freezer – you can literally keep them for months and it’s a good back-up if you are pressed for time! Along with the wraps, I always have a variety of Fry’s frozen meat-free products on hand. For the wraps I used Fry’s meat free chicken-style nuggets. They cook within 8 – 10 minutes and they taste divine! I also had a bit of the kale & basil pesto left in the fridge which I made earlier this week – told you it makes for the perfect base for wraps! So within a few minutes I wrapped together this delicious dinner.
- 1x vegan wrap
- 4x Fry’s meat free chicken-style nuggets
- 5x rosa tomatoes cut in lenth
- ¼ cucumber cut in julienne strips
- ¼ orange sweet pepper cut in julienne strips
- A hand full of mixed lettuce leaves
- A gallop of kale and basil pesto
- Sweet chilly sauce (I used Wellington’s as I know it is vegan)
- Salt & pepper for taste
- Spread the kale & basil pesto in the middle of the wrap
- Stack the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and peppers on top of the pesto
- Cut the nuggets in julienne strips and add on top of the stack
- Add a splash of sweet chilly sauce and tobacco as well as some salt & pepper for taste
- Fold your wrap and enjoy!